Saturday, April 11, 2009

. . .while back on the ranch . . .

Well it's the last day here in Phoenix, Arizona. I will soon be saying good by to the Days Inn Motel, down the street from the Arizona State Hospital and across the street from the Blue Moon bar and nighclub (yea that kind of nightclub! I would be afraid of catching some kind of disease! yea that kind of disease!). I have been pretty sucessful in finding my way around to the different exhibitions and most everything is really close by. Phoenix, of what I can see, is still pretty rough around the edges; Tempe is a fun college town (Hooters, Urban Outfitters, etc.); Mesa is a nice bit of suburbia and Scottsdale is just too uppercrust for me ( a bit of crust is OK, but not the whole dang pie!).

There's no place like home . . there's no place like home . . .

Last night the electric power kept surging on and off and so my phone kept ringing to let me know the power was back on. Not nice when it's 2 and 4 in the morning! And I had to reset the bedside clock each time.

My plan today is to go out to ASU in Tempe, go to the exhibitions (take a picture of my cup in the Art Museum collection!) and walk around the campus. I especially want to see the art building and ceramics area. I might hook up with some friends or just turn in early so I can get a fresh start home in the morning. Looking forward to getting back in the studio (so much inspiration in my head!) and work. I am convinced more than ever the importance of working long and hard at what gives me the most pleasure and satisfaction (yes I did say the most!)

No comments:

Post a Comment